11 May 2009

peek into my head !!

Why is that in a bus,when the only person sitting right next to you close to the window vacates , you instinctively shift over to his seat? Is it the window view or is it about making room for more or is it no longer a conscious act?

Why do invariably most of the ads on soft drinks bank on captions that are suggestive of spirit and attitude...taste the thunder..jo chaho ho jaayae....baaki sab bakwaas...cool drink to hang out with?

Why is it that sometimes the one pervert whom you hate enough to kill, ends up being someone whom you are indebted for the rest of your life, leaving you with no choice in the matter and only mixed feelings?


(...)

9 comments:

Mira said...

I was riveted by one of your older posts ("Dedicated to a stranger who grew on me" dated 12oct 2007)..on reading your graphic description of the stranger it made me wonder if you were perhaps describing my Dad. If it was (and the more I read it, the more convinced I am, it is probably him), it is astounding how in such a short time, you have accurately captured the essence of who is. What a coincidence. In any case, it was a very touching piece - you are very perceptive and have a remarkable talent for writing. Good luck! Awesome work. Keep it going.

Aparna said...

Hi Mira,

I'm very glad that you related to the post.I'm almost wishing it was ur dad :)

Thanks a bunch for the comment!

Ashika said...

Aparna, I think its your ability to perceive that which is beyond perception for many that makes your writing so unique. I read the bit about shifting to a just emptied seat and was like...oh yeah....!! Just yesterday, I was telling my mom about just how unpredictable life is. That's for the being indebted bit.

Aparna said...

Thanks Ashika, I'm glad you appreciate my random deep thots :)
Am glad u take time to go thru them!

Nagappan said...

Every time I come to your blog, I go back wondering, astonished and completely taken back! You have that.

Reflective and beyond the boundary, the world you have spun around in this blog is simply inviting !!

Aparna said...

wow..thanks:)

Anonymous said...

I shifted to the window seat so that I can sleep and no one would wake me up because they have to leave.

Anonymous said...

and so I have to say human selfishness is also one of the reasons.

Aparna said...

Anon - Sure!! To sleep anywhere is ur right..nothing selfish about it :)